Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Nokton
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:24:37 -0500 (EST)

Mike wrote:

>One of your more curious posts, Mark. I was shooting with the M4 and a
>Voigtlander Nokton this afternoon. Close enough for you?

Close enough for me!  What I want to know, is:  how does the Nokton stack
up?

The Color-Skopar is now my favorite lens.  (The Heliar hasn't really been
put through its paces properly; this is a lens that requires careful
work on a tripod.  My handheld street shots have been less than
satisfying.)

While we're weighing in on non-Leica lenses that get discussed by
Leicaphiles:  I've yet to be bowled over by the Zeiss 50/1.4, the supposed
benchmark for normal lenses.  I have it on a Contax RTS, and am getting
better results from, for instance, the Tamron SP 90 (first version) on the
same camera.  I know Mike's not overly fond of this lens; anyone else here
have experience?  (God, there must be *some* circumstances in which is
shines; it sits at the top of just about every test ever issued.)

Douglas Cooper