Subject: [Leica] Re: 35/1.4 ASPH hood
From: NickM6@inamess.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:50:00 -0800

I was wondering how much the hooded 35/1.4 ASPH cuts into the vf frame. I
have an original 35/1.4 Aspherical, and I guess the hood design is
different from the current unit? It just slips on around the front of the
lens, with four retracting blades to hold it in place. The hood cover fits
into the hood with a spring-loaded geared edges, much like a lens cap fits
into filter threads.

I tried out today a 35/2 ASPH, and I like the way the hooded lens only
intrudes a very small bit into the frame (.72x M6). How much does the new
35/1.4 hood intrude into the frame compared to the 35/2 and the orig 35/1.4
Asph?

Nick

                       Chance favors the prepared mind.

                              nick@inamess.com