Subject: Re: [Leica] The Guru Has Spoken, NYAAH!
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:19:12 -0800

I think I over-reacted in getting rid of the previous ones that I owned.  At
the time I had so many things going on in my photography that I didn't exert
enough patience in learning how to focus and use the camera properly.  I
have just completed my first roll with it and I am quite optimistic that all
of the bad practices that I did when I had one before I have been fixed.
One of the features that I particularly like about it is that you can't use
the meter with the lens caps on.....duh!

I got the chrome M6, 24mm F2.8 ashperic which is a real beauty, a 35mm F2.0
ashpheric and the 50mm F2.0 Summicron.    All of the lenses are in chrome to
match the camera.  I didn't realize how much heavier the chrome lenses are
than the black ones.  Several ounces, by the way.  Feels like dead weight.
Should have some immeasurable positive affect on stability/shake!

Bill traded in a chrome M6 last week that I think I am going to get too.
The question is does it make sense to get it or a 90mm F2.8/Chrome.    Used
chrome bodies are not found very often.

Bob