Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm M6 or 15mm R8 which one?
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:02:24 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> First in with, "Why I chose the M6 with 15mm over the R8 with 15mm for
> the visual heart pitty pats wins! This isn't the end result on film, but
> the motivation for shooting the picture one camera over the other.

The finder! What a magnificent and brilliant view it provides,and it's
comfy too. It's no great inconvenience on a lens that has enormous depth
of field as the Heliar does. No SLR, not even the M6 viewfinder, can
match it's brilliance. When I first got this lens, I spent a lot of time
just wandering around peering through the finder and marvelling at how
very different the world looks through it.

It looks good on film too, but I'm gussing this is *not* what has you so
excited.
- ---

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado