Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica M lens is your favorite?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:35:51 +0000

LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:
snip
>IMO the best M lens ever made is the 35/1.4 ASPH.  Best all round lens in
the
>line.  Has an incredible "look" that constantly gets comments from people
who
>look at my photos ask' "Wow, what lens did you use to take this picture !!?!"
>Incredibly sharp even wide open.  Only drawback is the size, weight and cost

You said it all, Bill. Before I splurged on the 35 lux ASPH, I had my
misgivings about this device - overpriced, bad bokeh, heavy, and what have
you.  After I bought one, there is no turning back. Inspite of its hefty
weight, size and price, this piece of glass is what I would consider a top
notch optic with NO EQUAL.  Give me a choice of only ONE 35mm lens, it will
be the 35 lux ASPH! After using my Noctilux, weight is of little concern...

Dan K.