Subject: Re: [Leica] The M3 rules
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:52:36 +0000

Hans Pahlen wrote:
>Believing that newer is always better, I have not owned any M3 for some
years now. However, I bought one a few weeks ago, and I got it back from a
CLA this Friday.
>My oldest daughter asked me to take some portraits of her, so I brought
the M3 with the Summicron 50.

>The moment I started using this camera, I suddenly realized what I had
been missing during the last years. The M3 is a masterpiece of
craftsmanship, everything is and feels just right and the finder is superb.
It is very easy to focus exactly on the eye, and feel confident that it is
100% correct, I would say as easy as if I was using an SLR camera. Maybe my
eyesight has become a bit worse, and this is an explanation.

>With the help of a Rapidwinder, I took a roll of film in just 2-3 minutes,
totally concentrated on my object. This camera really becomes a part of
you. I know this camera will help me in making many good pictures during
the years to come.

>This camera is 40 years old, but it feels just as solid and fresh as if it
was new. I say: -What a camera!

>(I will take it with me to heaven)
>
>Hans

My impression of the M3 is the same - a superb piece of Leica engineering.
My M6 wins by a nose only on account of the TTL meter.

Dan K.
                 Beware of the barrenness of a busy life.