Subject: [Leica] 5 *'s "Cote d'amour"
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:15:59 +0000

>>>I began wondering which lens out the Leica M lenses that I own never
ceases to amaze me with it's real world performance .  I don't care
about it's MTF curve or who has said what about it.  Which lens dazzles
you?...I would be interested in how other LUGers feel.<<<

Good idea, Paul. Which lenses get five stars for "cote d'amour" from
people?

For me it was a particular 35mm f/2-R lens that I bought from Mike
Hintlian. Never could stand the R cameras--they are really third class
cameras--so I had to give it up, but what a great lens with Tri-X. I
tried a different 35/2-R lens once and it didn't have the same magic as
Mike H.'s lens. I sold Mike's lens back to him! He has it back now.

- --Mike