Subject: [Leica] Snakes and Letters
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:57:42 +0000

>>>In time, that prompted a
letter saying that God created snakes and SHE didn't intend . . . well
whatever. The whole discourse took up more than a year of our mail bag
and
covered everything from conservation to atheism.<<<

Ana Ercegovac Jones, the former Editor of _Camera & Darkroom_ (the
American one) taught me a good trick. She never let a topic live more
than two letters columns, and never let a response to a letter get to
the second generation. That is, she would allow responses to a letter,
but never responses to the responses in the issue after that.

I occasionally make exceptions to that, but generally it works for
us....

- --Mike