Subject: Re: [Leica] Strobe recomendation (avert your eyes available lightpeople!)
From: csocolow <csocolow@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:42:52 -0500

I'll second Harrison on White Lightning ULtras as to ruggedness and PC
Buff, Inc. for their customer service. I use both WL and Dyna-Lite and
while I enjoy the compactness and weight savings of the Dynas I must say
that when I need power the WLs put it out. Just wish they weighed less.

Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/
New email address: csocolow@mindspring.com

Harrison McClary wrote:

> Once upon a time, Bob Keene/Karen Shehade at kabob@tiac.net wrote:
>
> > I'm considering the purchase of some Sun Star Strobo monolights- they seem
> > to be VERY well constructed, but are relatively new to the US market (they
> > make my Buff Ultra's look like toys!) They are also as expensive as  if
> > they were made by Leica :) but I wonder if anyone has any experience with
> > them.... hello overseas shooters!?
>
> Bob,
>
> If they make the Ultra's look like toys then they must be rugged indeed.  I
> have been using WL Ultras for location lighting for 10 years and have never
> had a problem with them.  Love those ultras.  WL also has th ebest customer
> service of any company I have ever dealt with.
> --
> Harrison McClary
> http://www.mcclary.net

- --