Subject: Re: [Leica] The Grump rides again (on a cow this time)
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:58:34 -0600

once upon a time Mike Johnston wrote:

> Eggleston is a significant photographer. Some people even like his work.
> And if you don't, well, _you_ go try to sell your "bad snapshots" for
> $4,500 a pop. Better than having to dress toddlers as daisies any day.

Mike,

are you saying that just because someone is insane enough to spend 4500 on a
very bad snap shot that makes the snap shooter a significant photographer?

Maybe his stuff is art, but good art?  That is in the eye of the beholder
and in my eyes his stuff is beyond trivial. Poorly executed technically, bad
composition, poor content.  If some are paying those fees for his snaps, not
even happy snaps, that just goes to prove there is a sucker born every
minute.  Just MHO of course.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net