Subject: Re: [Leica] Low Contrast Film
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:15:08 -0600

And I'll third the E100 films.  I was a confirmed Fuji shooter, anything
Kodak made was garbage....then I shot a brick of E100SW and was hooked.  Now
all I shoot is E100SW and VS.  Love the stuff and it is less contrasty by
far than Velvia and other Fuji films I have compared it to.  Have done side
by side shots using the same lights on Velvia and E100SW and where the
shadow area in Velvia is impenetrable black there is detail on the E100SW.

once upon a time csocolow wrote:

> I'll second the E100 films. SW for all my people work- great skin tones.
> S for all color critical product shots. And VS for that little bit of
> pop without being obnoxious: Architecture and gelled-lighing product and
> industrial shots. I find the shadows much more open with the E100 films
> and my highlights hold even when shooting outdoor architectural work and
> biasing my exposures for the shadows.
>
> Donal Philby wrote:
>>
>> Tina,
>>
>> I hesitate to suggest, since you seem a confirmed Fuji shooter, but
>> since no one else has:
>>
>> the E100 films.

- --
Harrison McClary