Subject: [Leica] Re: Emperor's new clothes...
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:20:51 -0500

2000-02-15-15:06:55 Nathan Wajsman:
> Sorry, but I just do not see any of the examples above as art; to me,
> they are fraud.

Interesting.  I guess that a decade or so of hanging about with artists
has completely cured me of trying to pronounce an "Art/Not Art"
judgement on anything.  If the artist says it's art, it's art.

Having gotten past that minor semantic twist in the road, though, the
argument resumes almost unchanged: instead of tussling over whether or
not something's art, one merely goes on about whether or not it's *good*
art.  :-)

Plus ça change...