Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Emperor's new clothes...
From: "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:36:08 +1100

From: "John Brownlow" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>

> Cindy Sherman.
> Oh God, I hate her stuff so bad.

The Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, put on an exhibition of Sherman's
work last year.
Thankfully,  my partner and I had free invitations....... we nearly ran out
to puke!  Sorry for any 'corns' stepped on by that comment, but most of the
pics really didn't appeal.  Each to their own.
Does 'not liking it'/'not getting it'/'finding it inaccessible' etc, reflect
more on the viewer or on the alleged artist?  Does it matter?  If you don't
like it or understand it,  then you should be able to express that distaste
without any fear of embarrassment.
Personally I find there are just so many great images that DO move me, there
is never any 'lack' or 'loss' from those that appear ordinary, useless,
empty, or fatuous.
Ross.