Subject: Re: [Leica] Sears!
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:02:28 -0500 (EST)

>The Leica-copy Towers were made by Nicca, and was probably the finest
>Leica-copy manufacturer, and despite what Marc James Small may say, some
>argue that Nicca may have been just as fine as IIIc.

And how hard are they to find?  I think I want one!  Any model numbers to
look out for, in particular?  (Btw, I hope it's okay to be pursuing this
on the LUG.  This is the only list, as far as I know, devoted to
classic rangefinders.)

Also, is there any less onerous way to shut the curtain when using
T?  Turning the slow dial seems to me a recipe for camera shake.

(Btw, I did some research, and answered my own question regarding Provia F
and reciprocity failure:  shouldn't require any compensation for exposures
of two minutes or less.  Which puts it in the same league as
E100S.)

cheers,

Douglas Cooper