Subject: Re: [Leica] CDI tests
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:42:01 -0500

Ted Grant wrote:

Like,  "keep it simple stupid!" What counts most? The exciting well
executed content or the mm per whatever?
<<<

I'm with ya Ted!  Being able to see the dirt under a gnatcatcher's toenails
is cool but unless the entire picture keeps my interest it's in the trash.
I make the assumption that recent Leica lenses are sharp enough for me and
as long as the lens produces minimum flare it's how it handles in the field
under MY working conditions that determines how useful the hardware is to
me.  If it's uncomfortable or clumsy or just not suited to my working
style, chances are I'm not going to be productive with it.  The best test
of a lens?  Use it!

Doug Herr
Sacramemto