Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens murder
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:41:49 -0500

Dan K wrote:

IMO, users should buy working but not necessarily great looking leicas to
use and enjoy. There are lots in the used market. Similarly for the lens.
To me barrel cosmesis is unimportant as long as the glass is good. The
<<<

My 250mm Telyt (late version) is just this sort of equipment.  In clean
cosmetic condition they sell for well over $1,000.  I bought mine from an
eBay seller who got no bids when his minimum was $400.  It has numerous
chips in the finish and in the right light I can see a couple of scratches
in the coating of the front element.  I have DEFINITELY been USING and
ENJOYING this lens and I have no worries about reducing its resale value
with additional dings; besides, resale value is not an issue because I
can't imagine selling it, unless a 280 APO f/4 is handed to me on a silver
platter.

Doug Herr
Sacramento