Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens murder
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:24:47 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:
><Snip>
> I wonder if Leica shooters should have two cameras--one minty antique or
> special edition to coddle and to display, and another "user" body to
> "use up"--which they should then not worry about in the least. Drop it,
> slam it in a car door if that's what happens, take it into harm's way,
> do one's worst--I'll bet some of us would be surprised just how well a
> Leica thus abused would stoutly withstand everything we threw at it and
> imperturbably keep on workin'. Part of the soul of the M is not revealed
> until an effort is made to "use them up," cf. one of Jim Marshall's M4s
> or Josef Koudelka's M2s.
>
> --Mike

I can say from recent experience that just having a second body makes one much
more brave about ones Leica Gear and they become more useful as a result.
I would not mind so much having one body in the shop just as long as I have
another body to shoot my investment in Leica M glass with.
In my case both are M6's one is a new black TTL. And in my case both bodies I
will never need to try to sell, they are mine for life. My new body is pristine
but I look forward to the day when it looks like Koudelka's which at this rate
would take about 300 years!! But what the heck!!
Mark Rabiner