Subject: Re: [Leica] 1953 LTM Summarit 50/1.5?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:33:35 -0800

Everyone I have talked to about this lens has been highly critical.   I
bought mine in 1957 new with a Leica IIIg and used it through college taking
pictures indoor and out using available light exposing a large volume of
film.   I always used the Leica lens shade out of doors to avoid lens flare.

I have even had a slide enlarged to 24X36 onto a poster with great results.

I got great results with it and have even acquired a second once since.  I
recommend the use of a lens shade out of doors.

Roland Smith