Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Hi from a Newbie!
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:55:47 -0800

You bet.  I had this happen to me in Washington DC last week.  I did some
nice shots of the 3-soldier Vietnam memorial - they had ice and snow on
them, making an incongruous contrast with their boonie jungle gear.  I
forgot about all the ugly branchless trees in the background.  Shooting the
90 at f/2 would sure have helped, but I forgot.  That, along with getting
fixated on the subject and figuring the backgroumd would somehow take care
of itself, conspired to produce some mediocre images that could (should)
have been very potent.

It's a good rule of thumb - come down of 1/1000 only if you've got a darn
good reason.

Paul Chefurka