Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UVa Filter unwanted effects.
From: Andre Calciu <a.calciu@anent.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:48:49 -0500

hack-saw?

seriously, is the filter stuck or permanently mounted?

if stuck, you can try to lube the threads with a bit of penetrating oil, leave it
overnight and try removing it.

otherwise, you can slightly warm up the barrel and try to work it loose by hand

or buy one of those lens filter grips from micro-tools (fargo enterprises) to
help torque the darn thing out.

andre (a hacker at heart but lacking the skills and training)