Subject: [Leica]Drymounting and PMA
From: "E Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:57:36 -0500

To all those on the list that replied to my ? about drymountingi want to
thank you - the answers were diverse.  I can report that I did have a
successful time mounting FB pics this weekend - what worked for me was just
keeping the photos under pressure of books for at least a 5-6 days and that
seems to have done the trick.

Now onto this PMA thing - I guess i have not experienced such rabid
Leicaphilia as what i read in sal dimarco's note.  I do not know sal and I'm
sure he's very knowledgeable - hell he's handled the Bessa-r and hexar Rf
which is more than I can say for myself.  His last statement about theres
good, better and Leica seems off the wall.  Yes i shoot mostly leica but i
certainly recognize the brilliance of many other lenses.  when i think of
the wonderful pics I took with my heliar 15/4.5 this weekend and realize
that i spent a little more for this lens than i did for JUST the VF for the
leica 21 then I say enough is enough - what's more the 15 mm VF supplied
with the heliar is head and shoulders above the Leica 21 VF!!!

I have often wondered that if there suddenly were no Leicas at all would
'we' as an internet community group still have a reason for talking - I
think that rabid leicaphile wouldn't ( no reason to live) but the rest would
pick up what ever piece of equipment we had and go on shooting and hopefully
getting together nitely to chat - i would surely miss the ted Grants, Tina
Manleys and Mike Johnstons ( and everyone else on the list that has taught
me things photographic).  Anyway too long a missive.

ernie nitka