Subject: [Leica] The disputably desirable
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:47:24 +0000

>>>The problem when you make things cheap is nobody wants it.<<<

!!!  Tell that to the 13 million+ people who have bought Olympus
Styluses for an average of maybe $120 apiece!

...But if you make things expensive, you'd better make them indisputably
desirable. (Anybody here NOT want one of those lucious black-paint M6s?
It would be totally impractical for me and is way beyond my budget, but
I sure feel the pull. How'd you feel if you got a 35 Summilux ASPH as a
gift? I'd be leaping for joy.) My own opinion about the R8 entirely
aside, I've observed enough variance of opinion about its appeal here on
the LUG to make it clear that that condition--i.e., indisputable
desirability--doesn't pertain.

- --Mike