Subject: Re: [Leica] New or NOS
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:55:33 -0800

> Ken,
> Well, you're right, the special-purpose F3H was recent and the F3/T is
> probably a special run. I didn't even know about that. So they are
> producing F3's, if you count the sp and boutique versions.

F3H was not available to the general public, and along with F3/P, it was
only available to NPS members and institutions.  F3/T which was a
regular production model was recently delisted from Nikon's Japanese
catalogue, and they have officially announced that F3/T is no longer in
production.  So, Nikon's F3 production is now trimmed to F3 with DE-2
finder, and F3HP with DE-3 finder.

It is possible that Nikon USA is no longer importing F3s from Japan for
distribution to consumers, and that's what you might have heard.  Nikon
USA still lists 300/2 and 2000/11 lenses in the catalogue, but these
were discontinued almost two decades ago.