Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Class double date
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 22:14:31 -0800

Chandos wrote:
>Veblen had a far simpler notion: the "leisure" class possessed
>the means to squander time and the inclination to do so.

And as one of the great Yosemite climbers of the late '60s/early
'70s pointed out (probably Warren Harding but perhaps memory
fails me here), "at either end of the social spectrum there
exists a leisure class."

That's certainly true among climbers;
...probably it's less true among Leica users.

- -Alexey