Subject: [Leica] Cable Release for Telyt
From: richard.setchim@uk.pwcglobal.com
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:48:57 +0000

Robert Rose wrote:

<< I have a 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, with the handle arm rest.  I would like to
put a cable release on the handle, and there seems to be a rather large
cylindrical space disposed through the handle in which one would slide such
a cable release. Does anyone know how this is done?  The space seems rather
wide; more than is needed for the usual release.>>

The hole is exactly the right size for the electric cable release for an R
motor-drive and holds it snugly. (The 'handle arm rest' is common to M and
R versions of the Telyt). I use a conventional release as well. I bought
the type with a wide finger guard that allows you to hold it between first
and second figer and I hold this in place with an elastic band!

BTW my Telyts - a 560 a 400 and another 400 (don't ask but it was the sort
of bargain you don't pass by) are as clear as ever.

Regards.
computer.