Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Mounting FB prints
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:33:07 -0600

At 09:20 AM 30/01/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I have started to come under the spell of FB printing.  I have a dry
>mounting press and have some ?'s for the group.  The FB prints that I have
>so far mounted have some waviness and when I dry mount I am getting creases
>on the sides where the print did not evenly adhere to the board.  I have
>tried mounting piece meal - starting at one corner and working the mounting
>process towards the diagonal corner - have tried using a supplemental
>tacking iron but this hasn't helped.  Any thoughts from the group.

What kind of mounting press are you using?  What kind of mounting tissue?
Make sure you are using the right type of drymount tissue.
Make sure you are using the right temperature setting.  Your press might be
slightly too cool to get a good seal.  How big is the press?
   I place a 2-ply mounting board on top of the print, and it helps keep
the print flat.  Also, preheat your print and the mounting board to drive
out any moisture.
You may also have uneven pressure on the top plate of your mounting press.
If it is adjustable, try tightening it a bit.