Subject: [Leica] Re: Silver gelatin and crayon resist
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:29:14 -0600

At 08:30 PM 28/01/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>> The term that museum curators use that really drives me nuts, and I work
for
>> a museum, is "object".

The photographs that end up in art galleries, around here at least, really
leave me at a loss for words.  Anyone interested in having their pictures
exhibited in galleries should load up with TriX and photograph ceramic
toilet bowls.  Any other bathroom paraphernalia should be included to make
it an entire exhibition ... toilet paper dispensers, sink faucets, bathtub
drains, and soap dispensers.  That is bound to impress the curators.  We
have an exhibit just like that in a major gallery here.  Technically, the
work is mediocre, and the subject matter is completely anal.