Subject: [Leica] B&w Slides
From: "Rod Fleming" <rodfleming@sol.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:40:21 -0000

Hi

Dave wrote

>I want to shoot some black and white prints onto slide. I've been presented
with a pair of options. One, I can shoot the images onto colour
transparency. Somebody suggested I use a blue filter (no No. given); does
this sound right? Two, make an interneg of the original neg and get that
mounted. What's the best way to do that? Are there any other choices? What
results do LUGgers find works best?

If you find yourself a copy of a 50's edition of The Leica Manual, the
process is covered there. My copy is currently 1000 miles away so slightly
out of reach!

There certainly used to be dedicated mono slide materials available, but I
have not seen them for - well, a while.

I would avoid the colour film with blue filter- sounds like baloney to me.

Taking on ordinary mono pan film and having negs duped onto another neg
would do the trick, but you'd need a film for the finished version that had
a clear base. Agfa Ortho 25 used to have this, and was quite contrasty, with
seriously high acutance, being insensitive to red (the reds are what stuff
this up, I always heard) and very fine grain- I believe it may have been
designed for just this purpose, though I used it to get a radical "look" for
fashion work- very successful it was too (such things were fashionable in
the 70's!). Process is as with normal film, take care with the exposure.

Gotta run- paying work

Best

Rod