Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip to Paris
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:36:13 -0800

Bob ( Ooooo la-la) Keene wrote:

>My wife & I are going to Paris March 6- 15th. Would request any
>recomendations on where to stay (probably Left Bank?)

>I'm truly thrilled as this is my first trip to Europe! At forty-three,
>you'd think I was a college kid again! I've always dreamed of snapping
>photographs along the Seine... a la HCB :)>>>>>>

Hi Bob,

Good on you son with that college kid attitude! Wonderful for both of you. :):)

Just imagine you're back in the 30's, Paris is yours and HCB is waiting at
an out door cafe for you and Robert Capa to meet him for wine & cheese and
a comparison of picture taking. :):)

It is the city of imagination and love. Just take your time, quietly walk
along shooting everything that "motivates you!"  Don't think abut it, shoot
by "feel it" and you'll come home with wonderful pictures and memories!

I'm going to be there in May for a few days and will do the same
thing...put myself out of this century and back to the past with out a
thought of time, but only that of the passing images I hope to capture.

Have a great picture taking holiday, don't work at, go with the flow and
the mood. You'll do just fine!

And yes, please give HCB my regards. ;)

ted

Ted Grant