Subject: Re: [Leica] Radioactivity and dopey M's
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:16:20 -0800

Rob Schneider wrote

>>BTW, I'm still pissed that after almost 50 years of development the M camera
>>still doesn't have TTL viewing.  What's with this dopey
>>viewfinder/rangefinder crap?

Short of a straight viewfinder and scale focusing, that has to be the most
antiquated and inaccurate sighting/focusing method imaginable.  Every other
camera manufacturer seems to have figured this out; Herbert Keppler in Popular
Photography has figured this out; heck, even Leica Camera has figured this
out -- they make R cameras don't they?  So what's with this stupid
old->fashioned M6?  It just burns me up.  And what makes it worse is I
didn't realize what a
>>hopeless camera the M6 was to use before I bought a second one.  Now you
>>tell me!>>>>>

Hi Rob,

Gee Rob, you sound kinda pissed off. So a suggestion.....sell whatever
Leica gear you have, buy a nice P&S Canon, Nikon or that G string thing and
go have fun.:)

Or am I reading your message completely wrong and you really and truly love
the M6, but just want to create a "I hate this damn thing attitude!?" :) to
fool us into thinking you don't really like it.

<<<>BTW, I'm still pissed that after almost 50 years of development the M
camera>>>

But Rob the development ended 50 years ago as they produced the perfect
camera! It only needed internal metering and it made it more perfect. So
why be pissed that it hasn't changed? It has it's internal metering! What
more does a compitent photogrpher need?

<<<What's with this dopey viewfinder/rangefinder crap? >>>

Well now lad you're putting us on, aren't you? What's crappy about the
viewfinder? Like I say, if you find it crappy why be a masochist and keep
trying to use it? Seems like you're a bear for punish or simple. ;) I'd
sell 'em!

<<<<So what's with this stupid old->fashioned M6?  It just burns me up.>>>

Now lad save the burning effort, doesn't accomplish anything but getting a
sun burn or high blood pressure.  Like I said, get rid of them thar Leica
M6's, I'm sure for a good price any number of folks here would be helpful
and take them off your hands, allowing you to get one of the P&S's on the
market with the whiz-bang innards to your liking. :):)

<<< And what makes it worse is I didn't realize what a hopeless camera the
M6 was to use before I bought a second one.  Now you tell me!>>>>>

Now Rob you're sure as hell one fer punishment! :)  ...bought a second one
did you?   Now I gotta tell you lad, just maybe a quick visit to the local
shrink might help before you totally do yerself in and buy another! :)

I mean we can't be responsible for one of the LUG lads doing himself in
with frustration over one of them <<< antiquated and inaccurate
sighting/focusing method imaginable>>>> machines! Now could we folks.

So in yer case Rob we're going to let you post a special "for sale" item
any moment you wish to alleviate your immense frustration due to the
machine the rest of us hold so dearly to our hearts! :):)

So what say you Rob? Ready to sell them off?

We're all holding our breathe for your answer. :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant