Subject: [Leica] Better than aspirin
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:16:27 +0000

>>>Boy at times I just can't figure this crew out at all.

And don't anyone come back and say I'm not for advancement as I sure as
hell am. But not at the expense of blowing away an excellent camera that

"Ain't broke and needs no fixin'!"<<<

Teddy me bucko,
That's no fair--you're speaking from the perspective of someone who's
skilled enough as a photographer to actually get usable photographs out
of the existing M6. And...PRACTICE? Nobody practices anything these
days.

Seriously, it's just winter in America (and Europe). By July we'll all
be serene and contented (because we'll be out shooting), and the Aussie
and NZ Luggers will be bitchin' and moanin' about this and that picayune
little detail.

Work is the cure. When people get going on a project that excites and
involves them, suddenly all complaints evaporate.

I remember a story Bill Jay tells. The legendary Koudelka was staying
with him at his cabin in the woods and got up early and went out and
shot a couple of rolls around the woodpile and so forth. Fascinated,
Bill asked him what he was doing, since rustic tree shots hardly seemed
remotely within the area of his concerns. (Christ, there goes Johnston
again, paraphrasing...FORGIVE  ;-) me.) "Must keep the hand and eye in
shape," answered Koudelka.

Shooting two films a day will solve most any photographic complaint.

- --Mike