Subject: [Leica] Things that BUG me
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:57:41 +0000

>>>after all, leica didn't become the camera company it is by
stubbornly offering well-made manual cameras with fantastic lenses, did
it?

guy<<<

...And by offering the "King Bomiphol" edition, the Jaguar edition, the
Columbo, the "Ein Stuck," the M6J, a coat of black paint for more than
the cost of an N90s, lotsa gold-plated stuff, yatta yatta
yatta..."stubbornly" catering to a tiny group of well-heeled collectors
around the world...?

Point being that sometimes the users do seem like a bit of an
afterthought. I think it's valid for users to talk about their
experiences using the camera and suggesting how it might be made to
better serve their needs. That's why we got one with a meter in it in
1984, after all, and why we have a regular production .85x version, and
so forth. (Although who exactly was asking for one with TTL is still a
bit of a mystery to me. No flames, please. <s>)

I for one would like it to have a better dust seal. Did I ever mention
how one time a BUG crawled into my M6 and got trapped against the film
rail, showing up as a huge silhouette at the top of the frame in a
family group shot? My relatives loved that. Er, NOT.

Designs can become mature, but never perfect.

Never as simple as ya want it to be, is it?  ;-)

- --Mike