Subject: Re: [Leica] Bela Bartok.
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:25:50 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Chandos Michael Brown" <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 12:05 AM

> Bartok, abstract?  Heavens, much of his work is derived from folk music,
> hardly abstract at all.  How about Schoenberg?  Harry Parch?  John
> Cage?   Or, to get really crazy, Cecil Taylor or Pharoah Sanders?

One of the best, but worst paid, jobs I had was working in the photography
dept. of Cambridge Uni's Architectural dept. I shared a darkroom with a guy
who had about 200 cds. The whole day went by with a bang. Schoenberg, Berg,
Britten, Miles, Cecil Taylor, M4s stuffed in a drawer for useon the Leica
copy stand and a coupla leica enlargers for 35mm and a devere for 'proper'
stuff1 Ace.

Julian