Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux result???? Rolls Royce, anyone?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:02:27 +0800

Pitak Chenkosol wrote:

> I heard a story about a gentleman who went to check out a Rolls Royce at
> a dealer. After walking around and getting comfortable in the driver
> seat then he asked :
>
> Customer : How many horse power does this car have ?
>
> Saleman  : (Very politely reply with a broad smile) Enough, Sir.
>
> I guess if you have to ask a question like that maybe a Rolls is not
> the car for you. The Noctilux, as it is, may not be the lens for everyone.
> To me, I don't want it. I will buy it if I need it. It costs too much to
> be sitting on the shelf if I go out shooting with its cousin (50mm/f2)
> most of the time. I like to keep the long-term total cost of ownership low.
> This depends on how often I use the lenses that I have. Of course, that is just
> my opinion.
>
> Regards,
>
> PC

Some years ago I received some sales literature from Rolls-Royce.  For
the Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit and Silver Spur, the power output of the
6.75 litre V8 engine was quoted as 'adequate'.  For the Bentley Turbo R,
its power output was quoted as 'more than adequate'.  When pressed, the
salesman answered, '50% more than adequate'.

Regards,

JY