Subject: Re: [Leica] Cheap advice
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:30:06 EST

In a message dated 1/22/00 1:11:51 PM, michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

<< I know the best adjustment for any of these ills. It's to call Sherry
Krauter  . . . . >>

Man, I talked to her on the phone the other day -- what a pistol! She's doing
a CLA on a old 50mm Summicron for me. I also just sent her my "new" M3 for a
once over. The price she quoted was a bit less than DAG -- plus, I like her
attitude ("Don't bother me, I'm busy" . . . sort of reminds me of the
waitresses at my favorite greasy spoon)

<<<Do you remember "interlocks" in the 1970s when American cars would not
start until the seatbelt was fastened? I read in the local paper at the
time of a man who went under the dash with a pair of wire snippers,
intent on disabling the interlock. After snipping the wrong wires three
times, he became angry, and in a frenzy he clipped every wire he could
find, determined to get at the interlock buzzer. When he was done he had
disabled even the car radio...but the interlock buzzer droned on.
Enraged, he went and got his shotgun, and began pumping rounds into the
front seat . . . >>>

Why didn't he just fasten the seat belt underneath him? Better yet, why
didn't he just wear the seatbelts? Driving without a seatbelt has to rate up
there among the dumbest things man does on a regular basis . . .

As for me, I've worked on cars, houses (even rewired my house), appliances,
bicycles, guns, you name it, but I don't mess with cameras . . .

Bob (avoids little screws) McEowen