Subject: Re: [Leica] Trouble with Vario-Elmar f3.5 35-70mm
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:39:45 +0800

David,

I cannot answer your question on the large flared arc but out of the
three Leica zoom lenses you mentioned (which I also own), I found the
latest Vario Elmar 35-70/4.0 the best optically.  If you find the R4
viewfinder too dim, I would suggest sending the focusing screen to Bill
Maxwell of Maxwell Precision Optics and he will apply the 'Hi-Lux'
treatment for $50.  You will be impressed by the extra brightness and
ease of focusing.

Please e-mail me privately if you need more information.

Regards,

Joseph Yao