Subject: [Leica] Another brave guinea pig!
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:16:38 +0000

>>>>Frankly, I really don't care if my N**** pictures were "better",
"sharper", etc., than my Leica M pics, or that my N**** gear produced
better results than the venerable SR-100 Minolta that I started with 25+
years ago...I use the Leica M mostly because I love the feel of it in my
hands, the whisper quiet yet positive "click" sound that the shutter
makes and, probably most
importantly, I simply enjoy the "view" of my world through its VF...more
so
than any SLR I have ever owned!<<<

Alan,
Good attitude. And thanks for volunteering!

Thanks to this latest go-round, we now have enough people for the
"Gauntlet" trial.  I believe I have carefully recorded the names and
e-mail addresses of everyone who will be participating. I will be
e-mailing you all to confirm before the end of the week. If you *did*
volunteer and *don't* get an e-mail from me by Friday, please contact me
again at michaeljohnston@ameritech.net. I've tried to record all the
names but I lost at least one "Digest" when cleaning my e-mail in-box.
I'm not leaving any volunteer out on purpose!

Thanks to all,

- --Mike

opinion before buying two different M optics and have not been
disappointed. I respect his opinion...he most certainly knows more about
Leica optics than I...he uses that equipment to which he speaks...giving
a certain amount of "user authority" to his opinions...he painstakingly
presents his findings in a way that allows the reader a certain level of
personal thought...<<<<

I agree with this too! As I said, there is absolutely a place, and a
need, for technical lens testing. (It just doesn't invalidate all other
forms of inquiry.)

- --Mike