Subject: Re: [Leica] Reloadable cassetts (was: M6 baseplate)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 18:11:11 -0500

At 09:11 AM 1/16/2000 -0700, John Collier wrote:
>Leica still stocks baseplates with the cam to operate the leica cassette if
>anyone wants one for their new M6. They only recently discontinued the
>feature which is pretty amazing considering how long it has been since they
>made the cassettes.

John

The cassettes were available until shortly before the locking lugs in the
baseplate were discontinued.  The Solms M6's lack the lugs, so that is
around 1987 or '88;  the cassettes were still available in the US until
1980 or so, the same year Canon finally killed off their version of the
Leica Cassette.  (Nikon continued THEIR version of the Zeiss Ikon cassette
until 1989, incidentally.  I lost a bet on that, a decade back.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!