Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery for M6 (long, and maybe useless!)
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:45:06 +0000

Bruce,

I don't know if this sheds any light, or even helps LUGgers, but I'm in the
UK and until very recently have bought from a couple of camera dealers (for
my, ahem, Nikon Fs) Chinese made "Long Life Watch Cell" batteries for £1
each (say 65 cents). They are in black and orange tear-off bubble packs and
the identification type is stated as "HD1560/1.35V" followed by the "MR9 /
EPX635, etc" equivalents. They may thus be still available... or, old stock!

Regards,

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"

ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk

* Web site under construction *

>From: MicroGrid@aol.com
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery for M6 (long, and maybe useless!)
>Date: Sat, Jan 15, 2000, 3:28 pm
>

>BTW I was at Varta's plant where they still made the Mercury PX625's last
month. They have stopped production of these cells, (German Law) so buy 10
and refrigerate them if you can find them. If there is no Chinese producer,
and I don't think so, that will be it. The best alternative is Zn-air.