Subject: Re: [Leica] 'Cron ASPH Comments?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:39:00 +0100

I agree with Dan. I upgraded from the non-ASPH Summicron to the ASPH. Before
buying, I had a chance to test the two side by side. I found that I could see
the difference between the two at the two widest apertures (in term of
sharpness). I also agree that the non-ASPH version had more pleasing bokeh. If
someone was looking for a first 35mm lens, I would recommend the non-ASPH
Summicron, especially if they were on a budget.

Nathan

D Khong wrote:

> Between the two 35 crons, I am often torn between using the asph and the
> non-asph glasses. Both give me the pictures that I want and I think the
> non-asph is currently good value (being somewhat underrated) for money. I
> use them on different bodies placed in separate locations.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator