Subject: Re: [Leica] sailing & photography
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:37:45 EST

My navigational experience is limited to piloting a 17 foot canoe down an
Ozark stream but in such cases I leave all the good camera equipment at home
and take a waterproof Canon point and shoot. It makes nice pictures and is
completely worry free. On the rare occasions I actually have to produce
photos on such a trip I will toss a few older pieces of 35mm slr equipment in
an ammo box. Never would I consider taking a Leica (there's the OLC). My
first rule of packing for the river is: Never Take Anything You're Not
Prepared To Lose. It would seem that on a sailing trip you could multiply
this rule by at least the factor of 10. On the other hand, you're probably
not as likely to hit a rootwad and tip over your sailboat, are you? . . .

Bob (call me Ishmiel) McEowen