Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tripod myth
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 12:04:56 -0800

Frank Filippone wrote:
><Snip> I would like to see titanium heads with quick release
> heads also made from titanium.  This would significantly cut weight at no
> difference in vibrations.
>
> Any machinists out there who would like to experiment with titanium on my
> dime?  Tom?
>
> Frank Filippone

You know me if it's titanium I want it!
Wouldn't a tripod and head be best with layered conflicting materials?
Different layered metals and materials to cancel out vibrations. The more the merrier!?
Just like the Leica camera itself:
Throw some brass in there, aluminum, steel, plastics, woods, (no wood in the
Leica though)
Mark Rabiner