Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Tripod myth
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 07:44:19 -0800

I think we would all appreciate a LIGHTER but as stable a tripod as a wooden
one.  The problem IMHO is that the heads weigh significantly more than they
should...... I use 2 tripods: An old Reis ( 1940's vintage ) and a Gitzo
341.  But hte head I use is a Bogen 3049.  It is  great head, but weighs
more than the legs.  I would like to see titanium heads with quick release
heads also made from titanium.  This would significantly cut weight at no
difference in vibrations.

Any machinists out there who would like to experiment with titanium on my
dime?  Tom?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net