Subject: RE: [Leica] What to bring to Hawaii
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:06:10 -0800

I like Ted's advice, bring it all.... But be careful.  There is a LOT of
theft in Hawaii....  If you leave any of hte stuff in plain view, be
prepared to lose it.  We got hit a couple of years ago, the opening device
being a large rock.  We lost her point and shoot, in the back seat.

We have visited Kauai for several years.  I prefer the wides, but this place
needs all the lenses you have.  Be sure to book a visit to the Lumahai
Gardens near the northern tip of Kauai ( near Kee State Beach ) and the
Atherton Gardens near Poipu.  Spectacular flowers and views.

Bring your long lenses for the views from the Hindu Monastery ( open
sporadically, call ASAP to find dates and times of their tours.)

Frank