Subject: [Leica] Making a living at this?
From: lbonser@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:06:03 -0800

Everyone,

This isn't Leica-specific, but I'm guessing that there are enough
professionals here to possibly answer my concerns and, in addition, you all
seem like pretty nice folks.

Okay, I've been doing the same work for about 15 years. I've just finished
up a large project and want to do something a little different. The one
thing in my life that I actually *like* doing is photography. So...I'm
thinking about a career change.

Now, I'm not asking for a job referral. What I'm interested in is anecdotal
info from someone who's made this sort of transition before: a photography
buff who moved into the field as a profession.

What sorts of issues are there in making such a move? Are there any pitfalls
that aren't obvious? Now that you're doing it for money, do you still enjoy
it?

Any stories, advice, or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Les

PS: Just figured out my taxes for last year. I've got enough coming back in
a refund to almost get me that M6 I want!