Subject: Re: [Leica] Making a living at this?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:30:31 -0800

Les wrote:  snip:

<<<<< What I'm interested in is anecdotal info from someone who's made this
sort of transition before: a photography buff who moved into the field as a
profession.>>>>>>>

>What sorts of issues are there in making such a move? >>>>>

Business ability to promote yourself better than you are a photographer!

<<<<<Are there any pitfalls>>>>>>

Too many to list!

<<<<Now that you're doing it for money, do you still enjoy it?>>>>

Sure more than ever! Now I do what I want and someone else pays for the
film! ;)

>Any stories, advice, or thoughts would be appreciated.>>>>

Become a computer photoshop wizard!
.

Well now if you said your refund would allow you to buy 3 M6's and
attendant lenses, all the other hardware to do the work professionally, pay
all your living expenses, promotion expenses and etc etc as a professional
photographer for year!!   I'd say go for it.

What the hell would you have to loose if you didn't make it??  A very nice
refund!

But if the refund is....>>> almost get me that M6 I want!>>>>>  Man hang
onto the job you have like s....t to a blanket!!!! It isn't a wealthy scene
out here for people just starting out.....Leica or no Leica! 45 years since
switching from amateur to professional. (Ok guys no smart cracks about
being a pro!) :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant