Subject: Re: [Leica] Neutol plus
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 12:45:18 -0800

Is there a darkroom list I feel a little guilty bringing up such a hard-core
darkroom thread but we are always seeing worse and this has something vaguely to
do with photography. I'm already on the RUG and the HUG I can just see the stuff
flying if I get on the DUG assuming there is one.

I picked up some "Neutol plus" in lieu of Dektol this week a liquid paper
developer from Agfa.
It has Isoascorbic acid sodium salt in it (sounds like Vitamin C to me) so I am
thinking of it as Xtol for my prints. Far off?
No mention of any Phenidone like substance though. There is a list on the back
for apparently poison related issues Of active ingredients.
But of course not in what amounts.
So what I want to know is (as I know the Photographers Formulary has Ascorbic
acid like stuff on their list) does anyone have a substitute equivalent formula
for this Neutol plus?. An Ascorbic acid based paper developer? I hate buying
these liquids and like to mix up my own stuff so I can put my own two cents in
and save a buck.
Mark Rabiner
Has anybody used this stuff it's got a nice Orange and white bottle! 1:9 or 1:4?
Now if they just came out with Rodinol for prints we'd really be in business.