Subject: Re: [Leica] Question re. R lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 17:30:15 +0100

Then how come my "no-cam" 400mm Telyt meters properly on my R8?

My understanding is that the camera will in fact meter correctly with a 2-cam
lens, but only in stop-down mode; and in addition there is the risk of
damaging the body. That is why my 2-cam 180mm Elmarit is currently in Solms
having the third cam added.

Nathan

Dan S wrote:

> The camera will not meter properly.  You must have the R cam conversion to
> make the lens/camera combo work completely.
>
> If you choose to preset your lens and use an external meter you could use
> the lens...but what a pain.
>
> Dan

- --
Nathan Wajsman