Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica dealer recommendations
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 07:49:22 +0100

Roger,

In general, you will find the Continent cheaper than the UK right now. It
appears that the strong pound has not translated into lower prices on
imported equipment. You do not mention if you are going to come to Europe
in person or whether you want to buy by post or online. In any event,
here are a couple of online merchants from whom I have purchased Leica
stuff:

The Leica Shop in Vienna: http://www.leicashop.at/
Foto Hobby in Frankfurt: http://www.foto-hobby.de/

And here are some shops where I have purchased things in person:

Foto Lambertin, Cologne: http://www.lambertin.de/flashed.htm
(the web site is not very useful but it does give you all the addresses)

Foto Brell, Bonn, tel. +49 228 63 87 88 -- good prices on new stuff

Foto Nivo-Schweitzer, Amsterdam, tel. +31 20 623 3159, e-mail:
Peter_Krigee@compuserve.com

and finally my three local favourites:

Photo Campion, Brussels, tel. +32 2 512 1721
Bara Photo, Brussels, tel. +32 2 521 8079
Photo Alpha, Brussels, tel. +32 2 733 7488

None of these do any mail order, but they are worth a visit if you are in
town.

Since you are in the UK, you should check out your best local merchant,
Fieldgrass & Gale, tel. 020 8870 7611, e-mail:
sales@fieldgrassandgale.com. They have good prices, are very helpful, and
if you ask, they will put you on their e-mail list so that you have their
advert a full week before it appears in Amateur Photographer.

Happy shopping!

Nathan

Roger Underwood wrote:

> I'd be grateful for the recommendation of a reputable Leica dealer in
> Western Europe (Germany, Belgium, France etc) from where I buy an M
> lens at a competitive price.  I suspect I would get a better deal
> than buying locally in the UK.  Comments on relative prices between
> UK and Continent would also be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Roger Underwood

> roger.aru@cwcom.net
>
> web page at http://www.aru.cwc.net