Subject: Re: [Leica] Quick Load spools for M2- how much?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 20:25:58 -0700

I picked up mine from Wall Street Camera for $60US. You can check their used
inventory at:

http://www.wallstreetcamera.com/cgi-bin/wsc-search.cgi

The original kit comes with the special spool, a male piece that attaches to
the base plate to guide the film home, instructions, and a sticker for the
camera to illustrate how to load (like the engraving in the M4 and up). Any
used kit will not have the sticker or instructions but a dimwit such as I
was able to figure it out fairly quickly. In the M2 it really speeds things
up, almost as fast as the quick load M4 and up cameras, and is very
resistant to misloading. M3 people who have tried it do not think it much of
an improvement as they still have to lift the spool up (down?) to reset the
film counter.

John Collier